As we begin to welcome more passengers through our terminals, all flights will depart from Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. On 15th July, we will open Terminal 2. Please check with your airline which terminal you are flying from before flying.
Airlines that will operate from Terminal 3 from 1st July are:
- British Airways
- Air France
- Eastern Airways
- Iberia Express
- Blue Island Airlines
Please note that not all of these airlines will have resumed their flying programmes by 1st July. Please check with your airline first.
All other airlines will continue to operate from Terminal 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What safety measures have you put in place to keep passengers safe?
A: To help reduce the risk of infection and to keep you and our colleagues safe, we have introduced a number of additional measures at the airport. We know social distancing won’t always be possible in an airport environment, but we ask you to please keep your distance and respect one another’s personal space. The following other measures are in place to keep you safe:
- You must keep your nose and mouth covered on all parts of the airport campus, including on airport buses, so please bring a face covering with you. Your airline may not permit you to fly if your face is uncovered. Please check with your airline before flyinhg. Additional masks will be available to purchase inside the terminal(s).
- Please clean your hands regularly. This can be done with soap and water and colleagues will be on hand to advise the nearest places to do this. Additional hand sanitising stations have also been installed throughout the airport. Please do not leave hand sanitizer in your vehicles.
- We are trialling the use of temperature screening technology which you will see on the entry to security in Terminal 1.
- We have an enhanced cleaning regime in place throughout the airport – you may see these teams in operation.
- We have installed protective screens at various locations throughout the terminal, including check-in desks.
- We are trialling the use of UV cleaning technology on some of our escalators to keep handrails as clean as possible.
For more information see our Coronavirus page.
Q: When will Terminal 2 open?
A: Terminal 2 will resume operations on 15th July. We will confirm which airlines will be operating from Terminal 2 shortly.
Q: Will passengers be aware of the changes?
A: Yes, we have sent out communications to passengers to make them aware of the changes and have additional wayfinding and resource to guide people to the right places.
Q: What happens if I’ve booked PRM assistance?
A: If you are now flying from Terminal 3 or Terminal 2, and have booked special assistance from Terminal 1, it will automatically transfer to the terminal you are flying from.
All special assistance reception points are located in the check-in hall of each terminal. The ABM staff will have your details and will be on hand to assist you through the terminal and are thoroughly cleaning wheelchairs after each use.
Q: Will the Ground Transport Interchange (GTI) remain open?
A:The GTI is open 24 hours a day. However some services are still operating a reduced timetable. Please check before you travel and face coverings are a legal requirement on all public transport.
Q: Where can I get picked up / dropped off?
Pick up and drop off for Terminal 3 remains the same. Drop off is directly outside the terminal building and for Pick up follow signs for ‘T3 Pick Up’ in the T3 Multi-Storey Car Park.
Q: What do I do if I am transferring at Manchester Airport?
A: Passengers who are transferring at Manchester Airport will be required to clear immigration and collect their luggage before connecting to their onward flight.
Q: Which shops are open at Terminal 3?
Check-In – Caffe Nero (2nd July).
Departures (after security) – Boots (1st July), WHSmiths (7th July), World Duty Free (8th July).
Q. Which shops are open at Terminal 1?
Arrivals: Spar (now), Boots (now), Greggs (2nd July).
Departures (after security): Boots (now), Timberland (now), WHSmiths (30th June) World Duty Free (1st July), Next (2nd July).
Please note some retailers are operating reduced hours.
Car Parking & FastTrack
Q: What happens if I’ve booked FastTrack from Terminal 1?
A: If you’ve booked a FastTrack pass with Manchester Airport, you won’t be impacted by the change. FastTrack passes will be accepted in T1 for customers that have changed terminals. Security staff will be aware of the changes and will expect to see FastTrack passes from T2/3. The date just needs to be correct, and your boarding card needs to be presented.
Q: What happens if I’ve booked car parking based on flying from Terminal 1?
A: There is no need to change your car park booking as Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 are located side by side.