Collection of the aerodrome licence
On 22 April 1929 two aircraft carried a civic party, led by Manchester’s Lord Mayor Col. George Wescott, from Wythenshawe to Croyden to collect the temporary licence for the newly opened airfield. Seen here are Town Clerk F.E. Warbreck Howell (left) and Alderman R.A.W. Carter, the deputy chairman of the Aerodrome Committee, seated in a De Havilland DH9c G-EBIG of Northern Air Lines.