Holiday Extras Terms & Conditions
Standard Terms and conditions
'All bookings made via Holiday Extra's will also be subject to The Manchester Airport Group's term's and conditions.
This section draws your attention to key points relating to your booking.
What to take with you when you travel:
Please ensure you have your booking confirmation voucher and / or your booking reference with you when you travel. This will identify you as a Manchester airport group customer and will enable the service provider to verify your booking.
Problems when using the services:
• If you encounter a problem at your Manchester airport group location, please tell the service provider immediately to give them the opportunity to rectify the problem.
• If you do not tell the provider at the time it may be difficult to pursue a complaint at a later stage. Our service providers will do their utmost to help with any request, but assistance cannot be guaranteed.
• Please put any outstanding issues in writing (with receipts if appropriate) to: Manchester Airport Group Customer Relations, Holiday Extras, Ashford Road, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4JF or email us at email@example.com within six weeks of your return to the UK.
Call monitoring and recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest standards of service, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
Best Price Guarantee
We check over 100 prices a week to bring you some unbeatable deals. If you find the same product or package of products on sale for less within 24 hours of making and paying for your booking with Manchester airport group then we'll give it to you FREE* (*subject to the following terms and conditions)
Terms and conditions:
1. The product you are comparing must be the same in every respect as the product you bought from Manchester airport group.
2. Where multiple rooms are booked each room is regarded as a separate product.
3. You must make your claim within 24 hours of making and paying for your booking with Manchester airport group.
4. Successful claims will not be paid until after the return date originally booked.
5. You must use the products or package of products as per the booking against which you are making your claim.
6. Cancellation of the booking cancels your right to claim under this guarantee.
7. Comparison prices must be listed and quoted in pounds sterling.
The following exclusions apply to price comparisons that will be considered as part of any claim made under this guarantee in respect of your bookings:
1. Prices from other suppliers that are conditional on buying other products
2. Prices that are part of a customer loyalty, members or loyalty reward scheme
3. Prices that are part of a staff discount scheme
4. Prices that are part of any other discount or special offer deal
Our suppliers' reservation and booking systems can vary in the way they round up or round down the VAT element of the total price payable. Because of this, our Best Price Guarantee will not apply to price differences of five pence or less where we have established that the VAT calculation is the sole reason for the difference.
• If you think you have found the same product or package of products cheaper elsewhere then call us on 0871 360 2427 and let us know. Please make sure that the product or package of products you are comparing is identical in all respects, and that it meets the terms above. If there is any variation then we cannot match the price or refund the cost.
• All insurance products are excluded from the Best Price Guarantee.
• When calculating the Best Price Guarantee we consider only the price of the product or package of products, not any additional fees or charges e.g. credit card charges.
Prices can go up or down.
Manchester airport group, using Holiday Extras as the booking agent, is committed to providing the highest standards and the best choice of products, at great prices. Throughout the year we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers. In some circumstances prices may go up between the time you looked for your initial quote and the time you make your actual booking.
Prices include VAT: All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate. Hotel prices are given in pounds per person per night (twin prices based on two adults sharing) or pounds per room per night; parking prices are given in pounds per vehicle per whole or part day / 24 hour basis; airport lounge prices are given in pounds per person.
Credit cards and debit cards: We reserve the right to levy non-refundable surcharges for payment by debit or credit card. The scale of these will be clearly notified to you before any booking is confirmed. Your payment will appear on your statement as Holiday Extras. Credit card and debit card surcharges applied by us at the time of booking will be refunded if that booking is part of a successful Best Price Guarantee claim.
Cancellation, amendments and refunds
All cancellations and amendments to your booking must be made through Holiday Extras as the booking agent, and are subject to the conditions set out in the Cancellation Policy below.
Hotel and hotel-with-parking bookings:
• You cannot get a refund or amend a hotel or hotel-with-parking booking in the 24 hours before your stay, or anytime thereafter.
• Where it is possible to cancel a booking and obtain a refund, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £15. Any refund due to you will be paid within 28 days of the date on which you cancelled your booking via the same method of payment in which you paid for your booking.
• Where any amendment to a booking reduces the total number of rooms or nights required, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £15 per room, per night.
• If you park your car before the arrival date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you may have to pay the car park or hotel locally for any additional parking time at their published Gate Rate.
• If you collect your car before the departure date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you will not receive a refund for the unused time.
• If you collect your car after the departure date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you will have to pay the car park or hotel locally for any additional parking time at their published Gate Rate.
"Supersaver", "Non-flexible" and "Advance purchase" special prices:
• Please note: Products booked at these special prices cannot be amended or cancelled, and no refunds can be given.
You cannot get a refund or amend a lounge booking in the 24 hours prior to the arrival date/time printed on your booking confirmation, or at any time thereafter.
There is no penalty for cancelling or amending your lounge booking before this period.
Changes and cancellations made by us:
Occasionally, we have to make changes and correct errors on websites and brochures and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We reserve the right to do this and to amend and cancel confirmed bookings. If we have to make a significant change, i.e. a change of accommodation or parking location, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Where possible we will do so before your departure and we will offer you a choice from the following:
• (a) accepting the changed arrangements, or
• (b) choosing an alternative product of a similar standard (for less expensive products we will offer a refund of the difference), or
• (c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid to us.
• In the event of disruption caused by natural phenomena including, but not limited to, volcanic activity and adverse weather conditions, our normal cancellation and refund terms will apply.
Cancellation Charge Waiver
• You must select and pay for the Cancellation Charge Waiver when you make your booking. This will protect you if you subsequently cancel your booking in accordance with our Cancellation Policy, and Manchester airport group’s normal cancellation charges (£15 for hotels and hotels-with-parking) will not apply.
• Please note that you may not, in certain circumstances, cancel or amend your booking (see Cancellation Policy above). In these cases you will not receive a refund and you will be charged the full cost of your booking including the cost of the Cancellation Charge Waiver.
• The cancellation protection offered by the Cancellation Charge Waiver is not available if you are booking for the same day or the next day.
• The Cancellation Charge Waiver fee is non-refundable, except when part of a successful Best Price Guarantee claim.
Entry and exit procedures
• These vary at each car park. Please see the information on your confirmation. If you are charged by the car park because you do not follow the correct entry or exit procedures or present your confirmation voucher, Manchester airport group may not be able to obtain refunds on your behalf.
Park and Ride transfers
• Transfers to and from the airport are included in the Manchester airport group price, unless stated otherwise, or unless the car park is within walking distance of the airport terminal. Please make sure you have the transfer schedule for your car park and that the times of operation suit your requirements.
• In the interests of efficient operation, if requested to do so, you must be prepared to leave your car keys with car park staff when you have booked the following car parks: Summer Special, Long Stay Plus South, Holiday Parking, Valet parking and Meet and Greet parking. Occasionally, this may be the case with other car parks too.
Special needs parking:
• Where disabled facilities are provided, please ensure these are suitable for your needs.
• All parking is subject to the terms and conditions of the individual car park . These are available separately on request from the car park operator. Ensure no valuables are left in the vehicle, as Manchester airport group will not accept liability. Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk.
High-sided or unusually wide vehicles
• Not all car parks can accommodate these and those that can may charge more than the standard advertised price. Please check with Manchester airport group before booking by calling our award-winning call centre on 0871 360 2427.
• Additional products or services may be offered to you as an upgrade or addition to your original, primary purchase. The terms and conditions of the primary purchase shall apply to your entire booking, except where the upgrade(s) is/are specified within these terms and conditions, upon which the secondary purchase terms and conditions shall also apply.
SMS/text message confirmations
• If you purchase our SMS/text message confirmation service then, in addition to your email/postal confirmation we will send you brief details of your booking by SMS/text message.
• We will only send your confirmation once, unless you amend your booking, in which case we will send another text at no additional cost.
• We are not liable if you do not receive the text message or if you give us the wrong number.
This service provides a convenient summary of your booking but for full details, including directions and booking conditions, you must refer to your email or postal confirmation.
Our Standard Terms and Conditions apply to hotel bookings. Other conditions that apply specifically to our hotel bookings are listed on this page.
• The service is offered by Manchester airport group using Holiday Extras as the booking agent.
• All hotel star ratings in Manchester airport group literature are Manchester airport group’s own ratings. When giving our rating we consider feedback we have received from our customers and from our own regular visits to the hotels. We also assess the suitability of the hotel for the purpose it is being used for. Our ratings will not always be the same as other nationally recognised schemes.
• Directions and contact details: Please make sure you have directions to your airport hotel and the hotel's telephone number. This information is included on your customer confirmation. We recommend you use it in conjunction with an up-to-date road atlas.
• Transfers: Transfers to and from the airport are included in the Manchester airport group price within scheduled times (not always 24 hours a day), unless otherwise stated. Please check the transfer details when you get your confirmation to ensure they are suitable for your flight times.
• Disabled facilities: Where special facilities are provided, transfer and parking arrangements may not be suitable and rooms are available on a request basis only.
• Overnight parking for customers booking room only: Check the parking details when booking as not all hotels allow free overnight parking.
• Standard rooms: Facilities differ at each hotel. Please ensure the room you are booking has the facilities you require before confirming your booking.
• Breakfast: Your confirmation will tell you if breakfast is included in the reservation. Where breakfast is included please check the times it is served. No refund is given for unused breakfast.
• Leisure facilities: Where hotels have leisure facilities there may be charges and restrictions on child access. If you wish to use the facilities please check the details before confirming your booking.
• Wake-up calls: As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls, we suggest you take a travel alarm. If you miss a flight the hotel will not accept responsibility.
Hotel booking cancellation, amendments and refunds:
You cannot get a refund or amend a hotel-with-parking booking within the 24 hours before your stay, or anytime thereafter.
An administration fee of £15 per room per night applies to all other hotel cancellations and to amendments where the result is a reduction in the number of rooms or nights originally booked.
Cancellation, amendments and refunds: If you need to cancel or amend a booking, visit our view, amend or cancel page or call Holiday Extras 0871 360 2427. Calls cost up to 10p per minute from a BT landline; charges from mobiles and other networks may vary.
All cancellations and amendments must be made through Holiday Extras as the booking agent