The Runway Visitor Park
The Runway Visitor Park at Manchester Airport offers a great day out for the whole family. Watch the planes take off, explore our on-site aircraft, visit the Aviation Shop and admire the flagship Concorde of the BA fleet in her custom-built hangar.
Explore the aircraft
- Discover Concorde The Concorde G-BOAC was the flagship supersonic airliner of the BA fleet. Choose from our Classic, Engineering, VIP and Private Tour Packages.
- Tour Nimrod The RAF decommissioned this patrol and attack aircraft in 2010. Minimum height restriction for Nimrod tours is 1.2m.
- Hop Onboard the DC-10, Trident or Avro RJX – at least one of these aircraft will be open free of charge at weekends.
Watching the Planes and Park Facilities
- Raised Viewing Mounds give a clear 180-degree view over the airfield. There are approximately 600 aircraft movements each day so there's always something to see. Expert commentaries take place throughout the year; check out what’s coming up.
- Children’s Play Area Our state-of-the-art children’s facility opened in 2011
- Aviation Shop Make your trip extra memorable with a range of aviation-related products suitable for children through to the serious enthusiast.
- Cycling the Airport Orbital Route The Runway Viewing Park at Manchester Airport is situated just off the family-friendly Airport Orbital Cycleway. Cyclists are admitted to the Park free of charge.
- Ringways Restaurant Situated alongside the Concorde Hangar, the restaurant offers stunning views of Concorde and the runways. Home-cooked food with vegetarian options available.
- Takeaway Service The Restaurant offers a counter service with fast food, sandwiches, snacks and drinks to takeaway. Located towards the rear of the hangar, close to the Avro RJX-100. There are picnic tables outside.
OPENING HOURS 2013
January - February 24th 0800 1600
February 25th - March 30th 0800 1800
March 31st - May 5th 0800 1900
May 6th - May 26th 0800 2000
May27th - July 21st 0800 2100
July 22nd - August 25th 0800 2000
August 26th - September 21st 0800 1900
September 22nd - October 26th 0800 1800
October 27th - December 31st 0800 1600
Closed on Christmas Day
- Parking Costs Parking costs £3 an hour and is a flat charge of £12 for coaches and for visits lasting over 3 hours. The Park is FREE for visitors who get here by foot, bike or on public transport.
- Accessibility We try and make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the Runway Visitor Park. Find out more information here. If you have special requirements please contact us in advance.
- Guide Dogs are welcome at the Park (Other dogs are not permitted due to the proximity of the runways)
- Last Entry 30 minutes prior to closing