What is a Changing Place?
Changing Places are a locked facility that provides more space than a normal accessible toilet, to allow adequate room for the additional equipment required, as below, and carers to be present to aid the user.
Who should use this facility?
Severely disabled people, including those with profound and multiple learning disabilities have access to these facilities to meet their needs.
What equipment is provided in the Manchester Airport Changing Places?
- Overhead full room coverage hoist system (IMPORTANT: Sling not provided see additional notes)
- Mobile hydraulic height adjustable changing bench
- Wide tear off paper dispenser
- Privacy screen
- Peninsular conventional close coupled WC with grab rails and support arms
- Electrical height adjustable sink
Where will customers find the facilities?
There is a facility in each terminal; all are located air-side within the departure lounge.
Terminal 1 Departures Map
Terminal 2 Departures Map
Terminal 3 Departures Map
Hoists and Sling Compatibility Guideline
Manchester Airport does not provide slings and we advise customers to bring their own sling with them to enable them to use the facility. Manchester Airport’s facility uses a hoist system where loop fastening slings are compatible. The hoist system should not be operated with keyhole style clip slings. Users are advised to always check the sling before use for any damage including fraying, holes, tears and stitching.
Customers should return the hoist it to the charging point after use so that the next person will be able to use.
- Basin - 100kgs
- Bench - 190kgs
- Hoist - 200kgs
Sling safe working load 31 stone.
Important reminder to users
- This is an unmanned facility and users must satisfy themselves as to its suitability prior to use
- Manchester Airport do not provide slings
- The equipment has weight limits
- Remember it is the responsibility of the user and/or the carers to facilitate the use of the facility and its equipment.
- Please return the hoist to the charging point after use so that the next person will be able to use.
- Please leave the room as you would like to find it. If the room requires attention please use the courtesy phone to inform us.
- There is a courtesy phone located outside each of the Changing Place facilities. Simply lift the receiver and dial 2135 to receive the pin code to enter. There will be someone available to answer your call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Contact 0800 042 0213, or dial 100 if on the Manchester Airport Site if you have any queries prior to use.
Other useful contacts: