The Ultimate Airport Guide
Airport travel tips for the frequent flyer.
- Check the weight of your luggage before leaving for the airport. If you only need to bring down the weight of your luggage a little bit, try wearing the heaviest items of clothing in your bag – it may save you paying for extra luggage.
- To prepare your outfit for security, wear shoes that you can take off and put on easily. Avoid fiddley belts or fastenings in your clothes and excess jewellery. Try and keep your pockets empty of non-essentials.
- Temperatures aboard flights can vary so layers are advised. An extra jumper can always be used as a pillow if nothing else.
- When packing your hand luggage, try and makes sure that your electronics and your liquids bag are easily accessible. This will speed up the security process. Charge all your devices before leaving as some countries may require you to turn these on upon arrival.
- If you think you may use your electronic devices on the plane, consider bringing a battery pack. Many planes have USB ports but it’s not guaranteed, especially on lower cost airlines.
- Check your luggage allowance with the airline you are flying with – the sizes vary and you don’t want to be stuck with extra luggage at check-in before your flight.
- Decorate your luggage with something very recognisable like colourful ribbons or stickers so you can easily spot your luggage on the baggage carousel. Alternatively, track your luggage with Bluetooth luggage tags.
- Plan your journey – we recommend arriving at the airport three hours before your flight. Remember to check for any roadworks on your route or around the airport, and plan your journey accordingly.
- Check out the airport shop online. You can find exclusive products and save with our fantastic airport prices. Reserve online and collect your shopping in the terminal. You will also receive a free coffee voucher when collecting your shopping.
At the Airport
- If you want to find out the latest promotions and deals at the airport, sign up to the airports weekly email. Exclusive deals are sent out every week from parking, through to Lounges and FastTrack. Pre-booking your parking online will also get you some serious savings compared to the turn-up fees.
- The most stress-free parking to book is Meet & Greet – drive your car up next to the terminal and drop off your keys, and your car will be waiting for you when you get back.
- To avoid forgetting where you have parked, take a quick pic of your parking spot and the surrounding signs to easily locate it on your return.
- If you struggle with late night or early morning car trips to or from the airport, there are many hotels nearby and on-site, so you’ll be just minutes from the terminal.
- If given the choice of security lanes, pick the left. Most passengers are right handed and will subconsciously prefer the right, making the left a little quieter. For just a few pounds, you can purchase FastTrack tickets to use the priority lane and avoid the queues before Security on your way out and Passport Control on your way in.
- If you want to grab a bite to eat but are nervous your meal will take too long to be served, check to see if the restaurant has an express menu. Many airport restaurants have a menu which they will guarantee a fifteen minute maximum preparation time.
- Alternatively, download Grab, the airport food app. Pre-order your food from many of our restaurants and then simply walk up and collect it to eat anywhere in the airport. Plus, you will receive a discount the first time you try it. What are you waiting for?!
- If you have more time and prefer to relax before a flight, the airport offers lounges with unlimited Wi-Fi, a freshly prepared buffet and a complimentary bar.
Lastly, don’t forget to relax and enjoy your trip! Leave enough time for your journey through the airport and remember your important documents, and everything is sure to go smoothly. We look forward to welcoming you to our airport!