Terms and Conditions Friendly Guide
1. . Definitions
1.1 ‘Us’ ‘We’ ‘Our’– Manchester Airport PLC , its designated agents and associated companies.
1.2 ‘You’ ‘Your’– The person, firm or company hiring the Services.
1.3 ‘The Service ’ – The Service to be provided by Us and hired by You as detailed in paragraphs 3..
1.4 “No Show” means the failure by You to use the Service.
2. The Contract
2.1 These Conditions govern the Contract between Us and You. The supply of Services shall imply that You have accepted the terms and conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’) contained herein.
3. The Services
3.1 The Friendly Guide service offers a personalised welcome service, to guide departing passengers from kerbside to gate and arriving passengers from gate to onward travel. A Service is also provided for landside transfer passengers for a maximum of 3 hours, from gate to gate (“the Service”).
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions a “Landside Transfer Passenger” means a passenger connecting between two flights but not on a through-booking i.e. the passenger has two separate itineraries, two separate tickets and the passenger's luggage is not through-checked but checked in by the passenger for the second flight.
Unfortunately, We are unable to provide the Service to any through-transfer passengers at this time.
3.2 Charges for Service are payable in full when Your booking is made:
• Price for the departures service is £50;
• Price for the arrivals service is £40;
• Price for transfers service is £60;
• All prices are for a group size of up to 4 people and inclusive of VAT;
• The price for each additional individual is £5, up to a maximum total group size of 6;
• The price includes VAT;
• For groups with more than 6 members in the party, a separate booking must be made for the additional members.
3.3 The Service can be offered between the hours of 05:00 – 21:00 daily with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day when the Service is not available.
3.4 The Service will be provided:
• for up to a maximum of 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of Your flight;
• up to 1 hour 30 minutes from the scheduled arrival time of Your flight;
• up to 3 hours from the scheduled arrival time of Your inbound flight to the schedule departure time of your outbound flight (Landside Transfer).
3.5 For departures and Landside Transfer Service, We will stay with You until Your flight starts boarding Your class, or until the scheduled time of departure (whichever is earlier), unless You request otherwise.
3.6 For arrivals Service, We will escort You to Your onward travel arrangements within the Terminal area e.g. bus stop for car rental village/car parks, Meet & Greet Car Park Reception, taxi rank or entrance to Skylink for the Train Station.
3.7 You must bring with You Your confirmation email/booking reference and, if applicable, Your confirmation email/booking reference for the Escape Lounge.
3.8 You must the telephone number supplied by Us 5-10 minutes before arriving at the agreed meeting place.
3.9 Bookings must be made at least 48 hours before Your scheduled departure or arrival time. You are responsible for providing Us with accurate dates, flight numbers, airline and arrival/departure times and notifying Us of any changes by e-mail or telephone .
3.10 Cancellations or amendments:
• Must be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure or arrival time of your flight by e-mail to [address]. An administration fee of £7.50 will be payable by You;
• No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 48 hours of Your scheduled arrivals/departure time or if Your outbound flight is cancelled for any reason.
• No refund will be made in respect of:
o No Shows;
o delayed/missed/cancelled flights;
o late arrival at the airport which results in denied check-in or boarding the aircraft.
• for arriving guests and Transfer passengers, the Service is assured for a flight arrival up to 45 minutes before the scheduled arrival time and up to 60 minutes past the scheduled arrival time. Service is not assured after this time.
• We will meet You at the pre-advised arrival gate. If for operational reasons a last minute gate change occurs, We will endeavour to meet You at the reassigned arrival gate but this cannot be guaranteed.
• We may cancel the Service at short notice entirely at Our discretion or terminate the Service mid-Service in the event of a major operational incident. In such circumstances a refund of the price you paid will be given.
3.11 For the departures Service, an arrival window of 15 minutes either side of the pre-advised arrival time will be permitted. If You make no contact with Us within the permitted arrival window of 15 minutes or do not present yourself at the agreed meeting point within that time, You will be presumed a No Show and the Service will not be assured.
3.12 We are unable to offer this Service anyone under the age of 18 unless accompanied by an adult.
3.13 The Service:
• is not a porterage service; We will not carry or push cabin or hand baggage;
• is not a PRM service – please see paragraph 5 below;
• does not include pre-assigned aircraft seating, priority boarding and express check-in;
• does not include Escape Lounge and car parking. These products can be added at an additional cost;
• is provided subject to satisfactory completion of security, immigration and customs screening.
4.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, accident, sickness, injury or death that you or anyone else may suffer or incur arising out of the Service and/or in connection with these Conditions of Contract. All personal effects are at your sole risk at all times. We shall not be liable and You shall waive all rights of claim you might have against Us for any inconvenience, loss, damage or otherwise caused in the event that we are unable to provide you with any or all of the Service.
4.2 We accept no liability for the consequences of any delay or for any loss, cost or expense incurred by you as a result of the actions of any third party including without limitation the Customs or Immigration Authorities at Manchester Airport. You accept that you are responsible for compliance with all governmental regulations upon entry into and exit from Manchester Airport and for ensuring that all required documents are in order and that any conditions to which such documents are subject are complied with .
4.3 You agree to indemnify Us in respect of all claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) which are awarded against or incurred by Us as a direct result of your acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of any person covered by your booking in the course of booking and/or using the Services.
4.4 Under no circumstances shall We be liable to You in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any consequential, exemplary, special, indirect, incidental or punitive damages.
4.5 We accept no liability for damages resulting from force majeure or from acts or causes beyond our reasonable control.
4.6 We accept no liability for any items left at or disclaimed at Manchester Airport Security.
4.7 Our total liability to You shall not exceed the total sum we have charged and You have paid for the booking.
5. Disabled and Persons with Reduced Mobility
5.1 Except as provided at paragraphs 3.1 and 3.12 this service is available to all passengers. However, this Service is not the specialist PRM service which is provided by our partner OCS and available at the Airport for passengers who are disabled or with reduced mobility, free of charge . These Terms and Conditions do not apply to the PRM service. For further information please see our web-site [link].
6. Unenforceable Provisions
6.1 If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions.
7.1 We reserve the right, at our discretion, to vary these terms and conditions and the price which apply to the Service at any time. Variations will be notified on this website. Any such variations, unless otherwise stated, become effective immediately. By continuing to use and/or purchase the Service on this website following the effective date of any variations to these terms and conditions, you will be deemed to have accepted such variations. Therefore, users and purchasers on this website are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions and notices posted on this website.
8. Entire Agreement
8.1 These terms and conditions and the Privacy Statement contain the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of these terms and conditions. Please note that the Legal Notices, Website Use Terms and Conditions also govern your access to and use of this website.
9 Governing Law
9.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.