Work will start on the additional platform at Manchester Airport station on 14th March – 7th April 2014.
As part of the works, road and rail services will be disrupted for three and half weeks, for critical works to enlarge the bridge under the main access road to the airport to accommodate the new platform and associated tracks.
We are ahead of schedule...
The work will deliver much needed extra capacity at the station, in the form of a fourth platform, 18 months earlier than planned. Works include:
- 14th March – reduced rail services into the airport that will affect the local road network
- 2 weekend closures when all rail services into the airport station will be replaced by bus services
Passengers planning to take the train during the works should leave more time to complete their journey and check with National Rail before they travel. For the latest details of the disruption visit National Rail or call 08457 48 49 50.
What should you do?
The works will disrupt the local road network with diversions in place. Road users should also leave extra time to complete their journey to and from the airport.
We appreciate that the works could cause some disturbance with your journey to and from the airport, but by using Transport for Greater Manchester’s contractors, who are currently constructing the extension of the Metrolink tram system to the airport, we have speeded up the delivery of the scheme.
- The first closure will see all lines closed from 23:30 on Friday March 14th until 08:30 on Sunday 16th March.
- A second closure will occur on 22:30 on Saturday April 5th until 05:30 on Monday April 7th. Platform 3 will also be taken out of use over this period from 23:30 on Friday March 14th until 05:30 on Monday April 7th reducing platform capacity at the station.
- Both closures and the reduced platform capacity will affect all First TransPennine Express, Northern Rail and Arriva Train Wales services into and out of Manchester Airport station. A road replacement service will operate from the airport to Manchester Piccadilly for both closures.
- Outwood Lane will also be closed for a period of two weeks with traffic diverted on to other roads within the airport.
If you have any other queries contact our Customer Services team by calling: 08714 777 747.