World Freight Terminal
The World Freight Terminal at Manchester Airport is a purpose built site offering a combination of advantages to service providers in the air cargo and logistics supply chain.
By providing the facilities, experience and expertise to handle all types of air cargo 24/7, the World Freight Terminal has expanded to meet the needs of importers and exporters from across the UK.
But just as important is the market available for the air cargo industry to exploit. With a population of almost 7 million inhabitants and 230,000 companies, the economy of the North West of England is larger than some European countries.
Key features of the World Freight Terminal include:
- 60,000 square metres of warehouse and office space
- Located adjacent to Junction 6 of the M56 motorway to offer direct access to the UK's main north/south motorway
- A choice of five industry leading and independent cargo handling companies: Dnata, Servisair Cargo, Swissport, and WFS.
- EU approved Border Inspection Post facilities
- Chilled storage facilities
- Capability to handle several wide-body freighter aircraft simultaneously
- Ability to handle outsize freight
- Around 100 logistics solutions providers, freight forwarders and agents located on site or close by the airport.
You can connect with the world from Manchester Airport with numerous daily services by the world’s leading airlines. For further details of just how globally connected Manchester Airport is, see our destinations